East Bridge College
Research Ethics Policy
The East Bridge College follows a comprehensive ethical framework to carry out its research, teaching, enterprise and other activities. This is reflected in the College value:
We do believe in the freedom of mind and pushing the envelope, within an ethical framework, which would ultimately benefit the mankind. We undertake ethical review to ensure that any research, consultancy, enterprise activity or project the College indulges in is for positive good and not to cause any harm.
Activities which involve research/studies on human participants and related data will always be considered ethically. However, the College believes in interpreting ethical issues to be applied further in research, consultancy and enterprise where other factors could be present including:
- environmental damage
- political or social sensitivity
- impact on culture and cultural heritage
We, at East Bridge College, expect staff, students and visitors to be aware of ethical considerations, act in an ethical manner when engaged in College business and aspire to produce the highest quality research.
Overarching Ethics Policy Purpose
The purpose of this Policy is to:
- Lay down the principles applicable to all research, enterprise, consultancy projects and studies conducted at, by or in the name of the East Bridge College
- Provide members of the College with a clear understanding of the ethical review process operated by the East Bridge College
- Foster a culture of academic freedom and excellence by setting up a framework for scrutiny of research proposals and other studies that is in proportion to the risk of harm or adverse effect to participants, researchers, the College and to society as a whole.
This policy applies to all staff and students of the College engaged in studies or research as well as to visitors, individuals, collaborators, or agents conducting research or other studies under the auspices of the College. Barring consultancy and enterprise activities, it does not apply to operational decisions or actions taken by the College e.g. financial, facilities, procurement or human resource related matters as these are subject to different review procedures.
Principles of Ethical Research
- Integrity, quality and transparency should be the focus areas of research and study undertaken.
- Those who are interested to participate in the research and study must be fully informed and give their consent in writing to take part voluntarily, freely and without any coercion.
- Requisite measures to be taken to avoid any risks whatsoever so that harm and/or damage arising from the research is avoided or minimised wherever possible.
- The intention and purpose of the research/study must be clear, and any conflicts of interest or partiality must be explicit.
- High ethical standards need to be maintained wherever in the world the study/research is undertaken.
The College apply these principles by conveying its standards and policies to staff through education and training, publication of this and related policies, and through this Ethics Policy.
Ethical Review Process
East Bridge College is committed to providing a competent, rigorous and independent process of ethical review for the research and studies undertaken proportionate to the risk involved.
The College Ethics Committee is responsible for the ethical review process at the College.
University Ethics Committee
The University Ethics Committee is chaired by the President and the Dean of Faculty of Business and Media and Faculty of Education and is responsible for developing, keeping under review and monitoring the implementation of the College Ethics Policy, and for sustaining a College-wide awareness of research governance, ethical and related issues.
East Bridge University has been a wonder and a magic in my life; helping me summarize my lifelong learning, experience and my teaching for living a life made more meaningful with learning and practice of simple skills for every age in every generation. My journey with East Bridge University has been truly inspiring and exciting for me as well all my associates, including my learners. I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to the entire team of East Bridge University.
The journey with East Bridge University has been phenomenal! The structure of the course is so scientifically designed that the journey in the research study became all the more smooth. The support team was always prompt and spontaneous in responding to any queries or doubts.
I would like to express my appreciation for the knowledge and skills I have gained throughout my journey in the program. The curriculum was comprehensive and well-structured, covering the subject to conduct research as it was one of the main requirements to complete the Professional Doctorate. I am grateful for the opportunity to have been part of the Professional Doctorate program at East Bridge University.
It has been a fantabulous journey with East Bridge University. The great team provided me with excellent mentoring and guidance. I firmly believe that this study helped me advance professionally as well. I'm grateful to my mentor for helping me all the way through to this success. The webinars and course material were very educational and beneficial for my research environment. Once again, a big thank you to the EBU team. I'm confident I'll continue my learning adventure with them in the future.
So far I have no complaints, I am very happy with the content and the fact that I can work at my own pace. Thank you East Bridge University.
It has been an amazing journey with East Bridge University. EBU provides a wonderful platform to working professionals to accomplish their dreams. I believe as a Principal of a leading school ,the Doctoral Program will immensely help me in my career growth. The course structure was well organized. The support team was super spontaneous. Above all I will express my heartfelt gratitude to my guide in the course, or his encouragement & guidance