Study Guide of East Bridge College
The EBC home study guide takes you through our effective pedagogical approach, how to organize your studies, how we conduct the exams, and outlines a list of useful online learning tips.
At East Bridge College (EBC) we want to give opportunities to everyone who is able and willing to study at a university. Therefore, we intend to become dedicated providers of online study programs that caters to the students’ needs in the modern world. You can study wherever you live without giving up work or compromising on family time. At the same time, you can access expert knowledge from dedicated academics and learn alongside a diverse range of people. You can follow your passion anytime, anywhere.
Now that you’re clear on your motivation for study, it’s time to find the right course and work out the details.
- What do you love to do?
- What are you passionate about?
- What are you good at?
- What interests you?
- What career do you want to gain from this?
Talk through your options with a prospective student adviser or an academic. Don’t forget to ask about recognition of prior learning. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Checklist for EBC Online Study guide:
Since all of our students are mature individuals, they can either follow EBC’s home study guidelines, or plan out a study schedule and method that works out for them, as long as the requirements mentioned in the distance learning degree program are being fulfilled. Irrespective of the method you choose, take care not to demolish the mental processes of learning and assimilation outlined by the EBC home study pedagogy
- Enough time – You can be expected to spend around 10-12 hours a week, studying each of the subjects.
- A study space - Have you got a place where you can focus on your study free (at least relatively) from interruption – whether that’s an office, bedroom, local café or local library?
- The right equipment – As an online student you’re going to need a computer and reliable internet connection. If you don’t like reading everything on a screen, a printer is essential too. A study planner and diary – whether on paper or on your phone – are a good idea.
- Commitment - Do you have the drive and are you self-motivated? Can you study independently? Can you stay organised and complete tasks?
- Support -Having a spouse, close friend, colleague or mentor to support you through the tough phases can be of great value.
Preparing for Success
Striking a school-life balance is critical to your success. Stick to your study schedule, and when you’re finished, detach your thoughts from studying and focus on the other aspects of your life.
- Use the available resources to get assistance when necessary.
- The instructor or discussion board are available for course-related questions.
- The IT department is available for technical support.
- Fellow students are an excellent resource to look to for study tips and tricks.
You should remember that learning anything new is challenging. Don’t get discouraged when you run into a challenge: Keep trying, and always feel free to ask for help.
If you are unable to meet a deadline, make sure to communicate with your instructor as soon as possible. Do not wait until the deadline passes to reach out to your instructor. They will be more likely to work with you if you are up front about your challenges.
EBC Program assessment tips
- Work on your writing skills. If you are not comfortable writing, you may want to defer taking online courses until you have had more experience with college-level writing.
- Use critical thinking skills. Most online courses involve assignments requiring problem solving and critical thinking. It’s not as simple as watching video lectures and taking multiple-choice tests. You need to actively engage with the course material.
- Take the initiative to ask questions and seek help. Remember, your instructor can’t see you to know if you’re confused or feeling frustrated understanding a lecture or reading. You must take the first step to communicate your questions.
- Be patient. When you ask a question or seek help with an assignment, you have to wait for a reply from your instructor. You may need to continue with a reading or writing assignment before you receive a reply. If the instructor is online at scheduled times for direct contact, take advantage of those times for immediate feedback and answers.
- Use any opportunity to interact with other students in the course. If you can interact with other students online, do it. Ask questions to other students and monitor their communications. If you know another person taking the same course, try to synchronize your schedules so that you can study together and talk over assignments. Students who feel they are part of a learning community always do better than those who feel isolated and on their own.
Managing your online course load may be difficult, especially if you work, have various extracurricular activities, have a family, or any other obligations that keep you busy! There are many resources and tips online related to time management and it is important that you find an approach that works for you, your lifestyle, and your goals. Take inventory each semester, as life constantly changes which will affect the way you manage your time.
East Bridge University has been a wonder and a magic in my life; helping me summarize my lifelong learning, experience and my teaching for living a life made more meaningful with learning and practice of simple skills for every age in every generation. My journey with East Bridge University has been truly inspiring and exciting for me as well all my associates, including my learners. I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to the entire team of East Bridge University.
The journey with East Bridge University has been phenomenal! The structure of the course is so scientifically designed that the journey in the research study became all the more smooth. The support team was always prompt and spontaneous in responding to any queries or doubts.
I would like to express my appreciation for the knowledge and skills I have gained throughout my journey in the program. The curriculum was comprehensive and well-structured, covering the subject to conduct research as it was one of the main requirements to complete the Professional Doctorate. I am grateful for the opportunity to have been part of the Professional Doctorate program at East Bridge University.
It has been a fantabulous journey with East Bridge University. The great team provided me with excellent mentoring and guidance. I firmly believe that this study helped me advance professionally as well. I'm grateful to my mentor for helping me all the way through to this success. The webinars and course material were very educational and beneficial for my research environment. Once again, a big thank you to the EBU team. I'm confident I'll continue my learning adventure with them in the future.
So far I have no complaints, I am very happy with the content and the fact that I can work at my own pace. Thank you East Bridge University.
It has been an amazing journey with East Bridge University. EBU provides a wonderful platform to working professionals to accomplish their dreams. I believe as a Principal of a leading school ,the Doctoral Program will immensely help me in my career growth. The course structure was well organized. The support team was super spontaneous. Above all I will express my heartfelt gratitude to my guide in the course, or his encouragement & guidance